Virtual Campfire: A Green Institute Fundraiser
Enjoy a night of online games, theatre, stories, poetry, music and song while sitting around a wondrous Virtual Campfire.
Join this heartwarming, family-friendly Zoom event on your own or with your whole household. Set up a candle to symbolise your home’s special “campfire”!
Special live acts include:
- A performance by Tjanara Goreng Goreng, a Wakka Wakka Wulli Wulli Traditional Owner from Central Queensland. Tjanara is a published poet, writer and performer of traditional song and dance.
- Tuxedo Kitten (featuring renowned vocalist and dancer Bertie Page with Qld Greens state candidate John Meyer). They are the cat’s meow, a duo offering a feast of music, movement and colour.
- A poetry reading by Senator Janet Rice.
- Anne Riordean Mason and Richard Ogden who will sing a couple of ditties from their campaign for Grandparents for the Galilee.
- A story from performance storyteller Alexandra McCallum.
- Zany, fun, colourful puppetry from Larrikin Puppets.
- Some classic campfire songs from musician Rob Law
- Environmental and peace songs from seasoned entertainer Deb Bowen-Saunders.
7.30pm – 9.30pm AEST, Saturday 30 May 2020.
This is a fundraiser for the Green Institute, so choose the ticket price you can afford to pay and register you and/or members of your household now! Children under 16 are free.
Bursaries available for those without the means to pay. Please email bursary requests to Elissa Jenkins (email listed below).
Note, when you purchase a ticket, if you select ‘opt out’ of receiving updates, you will not receive updates about this event. If you do not wish to receive updates from The Green Institute in the long term, but would like updates about this event, we suggest you ‘opt in’ now and unsubscribe later.